Friday, January 25, 2013

Lots of reading....and bread

Highlights from Corbin's daily correspondence to Aria:

-Group 3 has pretty much learned the first batch of TOEFL words, they went through today's lesson for them in half the time expected so I had to find something else for them to do.

-I've been to the ABC bakery, GREAT bread. Speaking of, Botevy told me the whole time you lived off bread and sandwich meat! And some of the girlsaid that you had  them hula. Funny stuff. 
Group 3 is becoming a little too comfortable around me, they rejoice when my lesson requires the computers and today one of them even tried to watch tv when he finished his test!  That's what happens when you teach a small group of students close to your age.

-Started group 3 on reading The Joy Luck Club; I don't really expect them to understand it, but I want them to get used to reading from non-children's books as well as get in the habit of reading written English regularly and learn more words.  Natalie gave me the books from Kahuku high school.

No comments: