Saturday, October 13, 2012

a place

We created an activity for the kids to help the teens practice describing a place.  We asked them to take any picture from off of the computer and write down things that they would see, hear, smell, taste, and feel if they were there.   
When they left that day, I decided that I wanted them to make a PowerPoint describing a place.  I sat down and created an example PowerPoint of Laie.  We're going to attribute the subject to nostalgia.

Today I showed them my presentation, and helped them as we decided on places that each could describe.  We started by identifying places that are meaningful to them.  For Pattica this was very easy.  He is very interested in Cambodian History, and knows more about places he's never been than I know about places I've lived.  The others had a harder time, but we made a decision and for the next few days I'll be helping them describe this place through PowerPoint.   

No comments: