Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 39 in Corbin-time

"Whew!  I started off by having those who did come practice typing; most of them could which I found very surprising. Afterwards we played a game where everyone made up a fake identity: name, job, whatever. 
One by one everyone we stood up and introduced ourselves and everyone had to ask the standing person a question. 
As fun as it could have been, the girls were a bit unimaginative (they all picked Khmer names and typical jobs like a doctor, a teacher, a student). 
They weren't really grasping the whole "made up" part of the game, sometimes we asked their age and they would give their real ages and I'd be like "You're 15 and a teacher?!" and then they would kind of catch on. 
When it was my time, I told them I was a ninja. Kannha said, "But on tv, ninjas are slim and tall." :/ It was a good attempt but I can see that their minds need to be much more open. I understand that creativity isn't fostered here like it is in the stateso I knew it would be a bit difficult for them."

No comments: