Thursday, February 28, 2013

Happy little things

"We were only missing Sophanuth today, so overall it was pretty good. I think they are all very accustomed to how our weekly routines now; because I generally teach group 3 the same things I teach Botevy and Yaya in the mornings, by the time I'm downstairs with group 3 they almost have everything on the whiteboard recorded in their notebooks. I really like this because it gives me less "sit-and-wait-while-they-write time" and more time to give explanations and examples of the words we learn. Pattica was telling me that last week he was talking to some tourists and that they needed paper for something, so when he took out his notebook they happened to see the notes he takes from our lessons and were very impressed that he was learning "university words." Experiences like this make me happy."


No comments: